Thursday, February 26, 2009

attitude is almost everything


Tonight was pretty rough. I put Debbie Downer, Pessimistic Polly, AND Grumpy Gus all to shame as I moped around and glared in silence as all my friends got excited about our road trip. My disposition was no fault of my friends, it was all me. All the crankiness, irritation, and frustration...it was all a result of my brain making a point to be as pessimistic as possible about the coming trip. I'm not really sure why, or what caused it...but oh man was I determined to not get excited, pondering every couple of minutes how upset everyone would get if I decided not to go. Which is ironic considering my last post shows some pretty strong feelings leaning in the opposite direction.

It's interesting what attitude can do to you. It can shift your world in a matter of minutes and can generally make or break your day, or month, or year, or life.

I wanted to write this down because I want to remember what I felt like before I left on this trip, and I want to look back on my ridiculous mindset that I had tonight with a sense of victory. I'm about to make some epic memories and not regret AT ALL my decision to go on this adventure.

Here's to a 4:30am wake up call.

Bounce Snap 2009!

4 comments:

  1. Honesty is ridiculously painful sometimes, and embarrassingly helpful. I love the honesty of your posts, Tara.

    have an awesome road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it that you get grumpy. I get grumpy, too. Here's to grumpiness! It is inevitable, and really, I think we should embrace it. Tara, I embrace your grumpiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you were heaps grumpy before the trip to Main too, ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sigh*

    Guys...I'm sorry that sometimes my blog timing is confusing.

    This post IS actually from the road trip to Maine (thank you Ben). I have a lot of drafts of stuff that I've written but didn't ever post for one reason or another. And this one was all ready to go, and I wasn't sure why I didn't post it. So now I posted it so I could look back and remember.

    Sorry about the confusion. I'm thinkin I should have clarified that before.

    ReplyDelete