Sunday, July 31, 2011

for navya.

One week from today India is going to be calling my name--shouting it, actually. Me and five of my good friends will be on a plane, about to get our worlds rocked and our lives changed.

But before any of that happens, you've got to be ready for it. Ready in a lot of ways, but right now I'm talkin' about physically ready. Like, packed, planned and prepared. I am none of these things. I'm concerned that I won't be any of these things until the night before--and that will just not do. So today I decided to knock out one of the big things on my list.

One of the many things I'm excited about for this trip is meeting the little girl I sponsored through World Vision. EXCITING! Her name is Navya, she just turned six, she likes to jump rope, and she's adorable. ADORABLE. It's so crazy but I already feel so much love in my heart for her. I think about her often and really pray that she has food in her belly and laughter in her heart. I can't wait to meet her, I really can't.

So, one of the big things on my list was to make something for her--something meaningful that she could keep for a long time. Chris Clouzet and Emily Wilkens voted a backpack. So a backpack it is...




Our living room is a mess. A disaster, really. I'm surrounded by thread, pins, and fabric, and having a hard time motivating myself to clean it up. It turns out that little baby backpacks made with love take about six hours to make. Jessi was a good cheerleader all the way through, coming in clutch for the hard decisions, like fabric colors and strap length.



Tomorrow is going to be crazy--and then it will snowball from there, probably. From now on checking one thing a day off the list isn't going to cut it. Well, two things, I need a shower, and that's definitely happening tonight.

7 comments:

  1. Be [clap] aggressive [clap], B-E aggressive, B-E A-G-G-R-E-S-S-I-V-E, Aggressive [clap], B-E aggressive.

    I know this doesn't really fit (at all), but it was the only actual cheer I could remember at this particular moment in time.

    She shoots...she scores! Nice work TB! So cute.

    I LOVE CHECKING THINGS OFF LISTS!

    P.S. Krista will probably correct me on how the actual cheer goes in the next comment. So what if I can't remember details sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out so so good!!! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! I cant wait to hear about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this in person! The backpack and the living room :) I hope we can catch up before you fly away!

    ReplyDelete