Thursday, October 23, 2008

Crochet, Croquet, and Crickets.



Crocheting is AWESOME. Everyone should learn. EVERYONE. Look at all the fun little things you can do with it!?




The boys next door taught Sarah and I how to crochet this last week...and we're kind of obsessed with it now. We'll just sit on the couch, talking and crocheting...like little old ladies. I've started to crochet in class, which has actually been really beneficial because I find that I listen better if I have something to do.




I'm starting on a scarf because, well, it's supposed to be easier...and I'm a beginner. It's going ok so far, I suppose. I keep missing a stitch here and there...so my scarf is slowly getting less and less wide. You see, I'm not a very patient person. Ben and Chris tell me that I need to count the stitches to make sure that I'm doing the same amount every time. But I just think that would be dumb...and boring. So I continue to mess it up, they continue to chuckle, and I continue to unravel the progress that I've made. It's a good learning experience. When I get better...I'm going to make some sweet hand warmers. Oh yessss....

2 comments:

  1. umm...i think i could use some hand warmers for christmas. And maybe some head warmers, ear warmers, arm warmers, finger warmers, leg warmers, ankle warmers, and some toe warmers...so i guess take your pick. I'll be happy with any of those. I love you and i am glad that blogging is your new favorite thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what I think!? I'm washing my crappy green hat. The one I sweated in during last night's race. And I hope the washing machine rips it to shreads. And your scarf looks nice.

    ReplyDelete