Saturday, August 14, 2010

you get what you give

When I was getting ready to leave World Vision, I thought for the first time ever, "I can't bare to say goodbye to these people. I shouldn't have invested so much."
I shouldn't have invested so much.
Yup. I thought it.
I've said "goodbye" a lot lately. I'm at that stage of life where I go through lots of stages, and people are at each stage... seeping into my heart. So my heart is full, but when the goodbyes happen... the fullness caves. And the imprint is still there... but the fullness is gone. Ya know?
And it's even harder when you know it's coming. Because you know that it's good. But knowing isn't going to make it stay. So you say your goodbyes, and you praise God that it happened and you knew it was happening.

I had an amazing summer. An amazing internship. I made incredible friendships, worked for something I believed in, and felt mildly out of my comfort zone the whole way through.

And you know what? I put everything I had into that place. And that, my friends, is why it was so good.
Linds and Bryan. My sanity keepers.
The IBU. Quirks and all.. this was the place to be this summer.

Some of my homies. We came from ALL different backgrounds... but we're passionate about social justice, and the rest was history.



My home for the summer. It's a beautiful thing when you're accepted into a family. Absolutely beautiful.




9 comments:

  1. loud and clear, becker. that's how i hear you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would it be worse to not know that the painful goodbyes are coming?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i ask myself all the time why i invested so much. isn't that funny? hurray for you, tara. you have made good investments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tara i am so proud of you too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me trace the edges of past goodbyes in my own heart...and hope I'm really giving everything I've got where I'm at. I love how you make me remember, and I love remembering you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy for you that your summer was so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad your summer turned out exactly as God wanted it too. Even with the goodbyes. Each one has a purpose in Him. Love you!

    ReplyDelete