Friday, September 24, 2010

stink

Nick and I saved a stray puppy from the brush and wilderness on Wednesday. She has two siblings that are still out there that didn't want to be caught. It breaks my heart thinking about them out in the wilderness, maybe slowly dying? Yeesh. That's a horrid thought. Sorry. Anyway, we brought poor little Stink (we can't name her something cute, we couldn't get attached! PLUS-- she did stink, real bad.) to our home and gave her a nice Dove shampoo bath. Over the days she's slowly stepped out of her shell and right into our hearts. Amanda says she has abandonment issues... Amanda has soft-heart issues. And that formula equals a hard decision. Today is the deadline for decision. Keep her or find a home?

People keep calling or writing us saying they want her. But none of them end up actually taking her. Story of her life, I guess. And I hate that. As I'm typing this I can hear her howling and whining from upstairs. She doesn't like being alone. Man, this stinks.




12 comments:

  1. i also smell compassion and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that there is a family out there that can give her the home she needs. I also believe she still stinks. Fleas can be pets too..Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats probably the cutest dog I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be a professional dog rescuer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. at least it's not a very good looking dog. oh my. keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like I should make some super-dramatic comment, like "the most loving thing to do is to let her go..." Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We found her a home!!! It was sad... but definitely the best thing for all involved.

    ReplyDelete