Monday, October 25, 2010

oh future...

Yesterday two people told me that I hadn't written a blog in awhile. This is true. I think it's because the only things I would write about are things that stir deep in my soul. Things that I would share with you, friends, but not things I'd like to announce to the general public.

But here's what I will say... I graduate in 7 weeks and one day. 50 days. Less than two months. And the question of "what's next?" has been quite the lurker. It's only started really stressing me out recently though. Mostly because it's the end of October and I thought I would have it figured out by now.

There are a couple options in the works. And when I say "in the works" I mean in my brain... which is different than actually being in the works (this is a problem, I know).

First option is a non-profit organization that is located right here in Collegedale. They do work in India, Nepal, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. They have three orphanages, one that works with blind and deaf orphans. They also work with trafficked victims coming across the boarder from Nepal to India. I've watched some of their videos about the work that they do. I can actually feel my heart swelling when I watch their stuff... and when I see those kids. (Please GOD let me go somewhere where I can love children!) I've been talking with this organization about being their writer. And about the possibility of me actually going OVER there and getting content from the field. Um. Dream job. I'll be finding out more about that on Thursday... I hope. But if I did start working for this organization after I get back...do I want to actually LIVE in Tennessee? This is not something I ever thought I would do. Tennessee is soooo NOT where I'm from.

World Vision is also an option. The department that I worked in this summer is adding head count in 2011. Convenient that that's about the time I graduate isn't it? And here's the thing about World Vision... not only is it a wonderful organization that is changing millions of lives... but it is near my NIECE and the rest of my family.

I also could continue to pursue a student missionary position somewhere. Orphanage in India? In South America? In Bangladesh? What about going on the book tour with Emily in February? What about working at Wawona in the summer? Or MiVoden? Or... somewhere else?

So many options that aren't really options! And here's the thing... I just want to do something that I'm passionate about. And I'm aching to serve. And I just want to go. I want to go somewhere where I can do nothing but love and serve. Where my job is to impact people's lives in a positive way. Cause I am a selfish wretch... and I'm tired of being that way. But God is asking me for patience, and I should probably give it to him. He has got a pretty good track record with taking care of my life.

Well look at that, I found something to write about.



8 comments:

  1. seems like everyone is writing about the future lately. i'm glad your options all look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that it is going to sort itself out. I am excited to hear about the options. I wish that Wawona was at least part of your future. Lord knows though. He'll sort it out with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw tara, such love and passion in your heart! i want to be like you everyday :). those ARE dream jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara, people getting hauled across the border from Nepal into India is a real deal.
    But then again, there are so many 'real deals' out there.
    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your passion is inspiring. can't wait to see what you end up doing

    ReplyDelete
  6. passion. you've got it and frankly, that's all you need.

    you'll get where you need to go. He'll make sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh goodness...i feel ya friend...100%

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tara! I don't have anything nice or smart to say! I just wanted to comment on this blog too! And put more exclamation marks, I guess! I will count this as my comment for your "Am I going to India because everything and everyone is referencing it these days" blog, too! India has a lot of people! And cows, right! (question mark!) Well buddy, I've made enough of a fool of myself here, I think I'll quit!

    ReplyDelete