Wednesday, April 27, 2011

well this is wonderful.

PHOTO: Jerrod and Jifer are engaged!
By: RIKA FOTOGRAFIA
I swiped this from Facebook. Suckers.

Jessi and I went out to eat with Jerrod and Jifer tonight. They flew into Seattle to visit Jifer's brother, and then they head off to Yakima--but we got to see them first!

And let me just say this--it was wonderful. Oh MAN it was wonderful. They're just one of those couples that fills you up with laughter and warmness--leaving you with hurting cheeks and a lighter heart. I'm serious. I was flying high with joy for a good half hour after we dropped them off. I don't know exactly what it was about that visit, but I haven't laughed that hard or felt that much warmth in my heart for awhile now.

I just love it when you can tell, you know? When you can tell that this is right and they are the ones who can make each other more happy than anyone else in the world. They are just so dang happy! And I love it! I love what I see Jifer doing in Jerrod and Jerrod doing in Jifer. They just refine each other and compliment each other and make each other into absolutely more whole people. And that's how it's supposed to be--two good people coming together to make an even BETTER person.

Someday, I want that. I want people to leave my husband and I with hurting cheeks and full hearts. I want them to feel uplifted, cared for, and like they have just experienced something raw and good. I want them to feel free to be themselves when they're with us, cause we're sure as hell going to be ourselves. And I want us to be solid. Oh man do I want us to be solid. I want to be a couple with wisdom to share, but a transparency that says, "Sometimes we suck at it too." This is what I want--someday.

In the mean time I'll just be so happy for people that are having their turn at it. Jifer and Jerrod are one such couple--and hot DANG am I happy for them!

9 comments:

  1. thats a great picture. I'm happy for them too, even though I don't really know her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good blog. They are good people. I want to be like that someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing Jerrod smiling. He pretends sometimes that he doesn't like to. But he's not fooling anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your second to last paragraph. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm so excited for these two! I'm glad you got to see them! :) Miss you Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well put Tara. On all accounts.

    ReplyDelete