Sunday, May 1, 2011

6 hours and 2 achy legs later.

Today was a very successful day. It was a success on so many levels--but mainly it all rolls up into one big success--which is that I am still in a good mood after this whole day is over.

You see, Jessi and I have been dreading this day for quite some time now. We had strategized and communicated and over communicated about the plan and how we wanted to approach things--until it was finally time to put everything into action.

It was time to go bridesmaid dress shopping.

Now, you should know that I strongly dislike shopping. No, that's not true. I like shopping for about 40 minutes and 2 stores--but after that I'm done. After that I'm Crankster McGee. Also, I hate malls. They make me feel so... consumery. It's like materialism threw up everywhere. So, you can see why Jessi and I were both dreading this. I was dreading it because shopping is not my friend and it was added with the pressure of getting an affordable, cute, feel good, matches the criteria, bridesmaid dress. Jessi was dreading it because she had to help me do that.

But let me tell you, Jessi was a champ. A shopping marathon shopping for yourself is hard enough, but she was shopping for me. I'm so grateful she did though because I'm quite certain I could not have done that without her. I am now a proud owner of TWO bridesmaid dresses. That's right. Two. One for the actual wedding and one for the reception. Just kidding... but wouldn't that be funny? I DO have two though--the loser dress gets taken back eventually.

Anyway, my point to all this is that today was a very special day. Today I shopped for 6 hours, tried on multiple dresses in multiple stores, and--most importantly--stayed in a good mood the entire time. Well, maybe MOST importantly is that I actually have a bridesmaid dress, huh? Today is also special because I, for the first time ever, dropped my shoe in a flushing toilet. Don't you wish that that's what this blog was about?

6 comments:

  1. 6 hours?!! geez! I'm glad your shopping experience didn't kill you. See? it's not that bad ;)

    get here quickly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your special day. You reached a shoe flushing milestone and thats all I need to know. Did you put the toilet shoe on your foot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah why aren't we getting to know the shoe story!!!? Dang that was mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 Things:

    1. Yes. I do wish. Why don't you tell us the funniest story? Do you hate me now? Why?

    2. I went on this same shopping spree with Krista today. But to no avail. After multiple malls (ATL and Chattanooga) this girl still does not have a dress. Jessi must be better at this than me. Which I'm ok with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet....
    i wanna see the dresses

    ReplyDelete
  6. materialism threw up everywhere :) <-- sooooo true

    ReplyDelete