Tuesday, May 31, 2011

like a polaroid picture.

I've been going to Zumba on Tuesday and Thursday nights for awhile now. It's an exercise class that let's you work it for all you're worth--gettin' those hips movin' and your inner woman out. I'm terrible at it. But I love it. After awhile you just stop caring and you just get your groove on, at least that's what the 50 and 60-year-old women are doing in my class.

Tonight there was a particular adorable little asian lady that I had the privilege of dancing next to. She had no rhythm or idea what was going on, but boy was she tryin'! Oooeeee how it made my heart just SOOOAARRR! She was just precious! Precious I say!

And there we were. Two people out of our comfort zone. Two people just tryin' to get in shape. Two people with our insecurities, separate brains, separate thoughts and worries--together for one hour shakin' it all out.

Shakin' it all out!

8 comments:

  1. Yeahhhhh! Shake it! I think you're better at it than you made it sound in this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think we all know how i feel about zumba.


    ... hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. zumba makes me feel exactly like this...you said it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounds so fun! i'm gonna go look for some asians to dance with now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should go to Zumba Nick! We should have gone when you were here. I've seen a guy do it once.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to try Zumba with Eunice tomorrow night! I will let you know how it goes. How convenient that I am bringing the cute, Asian dance partner with me right? tee hee ^_^

    ReplyDelete