Wednesday, June 10, 2009

the countdown


9 days.

9 days until I get to smell those smells. Those smells that will only ever belong to camp.
9 days until I start feeling so tired that I could literally fall asleep anywhere.
9 days until I get to unleash all the excitement/energy/silliness that gets bottled up during the school year.
9 days until I get to wear my silly hats, and my crazy glasses.
9 days until I probably get thrown in the lake.
9 days until I get to eat homemade granola with soy and raisins.
9 days until Sammy asks me about the my love life.
9 days until I get to sit on the dock and watch the sun set over Hayden Lake.
9 days until I move into my room...then immediately start to scrounge for a dresser that has more than one working drawer.
9 days until I'm in a room filled with people striving for the same things, working towards the same goal.
9 days until I get to sing praise music at the top of my lungs, not worrying if people can hear me because everyone is singing at the top of their lungs.
9 days until I become part of a ministry that is bigger than myself.
9 days until camp.
9 days until I'm home for the summer.
9 days.

I can't even wait.

8 comments:

  1. seems like maybe I missed something by not ever working at camp...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm not going to lie, i read this and i got a little angry. Angry at the fact that you are going back to camp and i am not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara, I wish I was more like you. Your so bubbly and happy all the time and I think its great that you can't wait to wear your silly glasses and hats. Enjoy camp! Your lucky to have so many amazing memories. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of those things I'm already experiencing...but I'm a little jealous of sitting on the dock watching the sunset. And maybe seeing you wear big hats and such.

    But I'm not so jealous the love-life interrogations with Sammy. Have fun with that one :)

    Miss you friend! Hope these 9 days go quickly...camp is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm at Wawona. They've offered me a position as the Associate Programming Assistant to the Programming Director • Guiding Light. I took it. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I have ever met you tara but your blog is fun and I miss camp so much. Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. can't wait either, and now it is only a day or two until i will be there too! hope you guys aren't having too much fun there already w/o me!

    ReplyDelete