Thursday, July 2, 2009

MiVoden Update

It's been awhile since I posted...I feel a bit ashamed about that. It seems like everyone has found a bit of time to post during their busy camp schedule...accept for me...and maybe Nate?

I'm on my day off right now...and currently taking a break from my online driving school that I'm taking as a result of my speeding ticket this summer. Lame sauce. LAME SAUCE.

Here are some fun facts about this summer:

  • I counseled teen week last week. I've had some of those girls for four years. They're my favorite. I loved it.
  • My new job is awesome. It's all about cultivating relationships between staff and campers, and staff and staff. Right up my alley. Love it.
  • Nick peed his pants.
  • I've made some amazing new friends. Two of which are Rob and Amanda Durham. Amanda and I have decided that it's a tragedy that we didn't know each other at Southern. Jerrod worked with Rob all year, and didn't introduce us. Now they're moving to Colorado. Great.
  • Staff beach volleyball warms my soul. I'm a bit rusty...but the serve is coming back.
  • My tan is coming along...*ahem* nate dubs...
  • We had Tiff's "pajama party" (as Richard kept calling it) a couple weekends ago. It was so awesome to see her and Chels. I can't wait till next year!
  • I'm growing a lot, learning tons about myself and the things I need to work on. It's so good for me.
  • Have I mentioned how AMAZING it is to have Ben, Nick, Gimbel, Graves, and Sarah here? It is. It's amazing. It's like a little piece of Southern livin' is with me everywhere I turn. I can't tell you how nice that's been to have this summer.
  • I haven't wakeboarded yet. But I will. I promise.
I wonder what it's going to be like when this is not my home during the summer anymore. 5 years is a long time to invest yourself into one place. I can't imagine having it any other way. God is so good. So SO good.

Miss you friends. Wish you were all here.

5 comments:

  1. I thought we weren't telling people about the peeing of the pants. I thought we had a deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the deal was people at camp....right...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. good blog. i love camp. i love it the people. and i certainly love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to hear an update from you! Today Nate told me you guys have been talking. Throughout the summer. I'm a little upset.

    But only because I miss you lots. Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, I can't wait to hear the story of Nick peeing his pants. I've already heard your story of YOU peeing your pants, so... Secondly, I'm so glad you're having an awesome summer! Miss you and can't wait to make a ton of memories next year. Maybe I'll pee my pants, too. =)

    ReplyDelete