Monday, August 17, 2009

oh camp...

Sammy, this nerdy character adored by all, is all about safety. All week long he makes up X-treme challenges for staff and campers to do, while being sure that all participants are taking the necessary safety precautions. Because, as he always says, "Sammy loves Safety."

One week Ben Foote was sitting with Nick and said, "What if there was an actual character named Safety that came onto the show." Genius.

That's where I came in. On Thursday morning Sammy and Safety quickly fall in love while "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" plays over the speakers and they start awkwardly walking towards each other, lost in each others eyes. The first time Nick and I acted it, we walked off the stage after we were done and almost fell down the stairs cause we were laughing so hard.

I love laughing like that. There's something really freeing about being on stage and having the capability to act as ridiculous as possible. Anything nerdy, awkward, or embarrassing that you do...just makes things that much better. Ah camp, It's the one time a year that I can really just be as silly as I want and let go of all that craziness that gets cooped up while I'm in school. I love camp. Love it. It was a good summer. Real good.



8 comments:

  1. These pictures make me wish I'd worked at MiVoden more than anything else. I am so glad you are my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of all the wonderful camp memories of this summer--Extreme Workout is definitely at the top. "Where is Doctor Turbo, I don't know I don't know..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny, I love Safety, too... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tara! so good to get your call the other day. I'm glad you had an awesome summer at mivoden and I'm sure you played that part perfectly.. those pics were fun to see. Glad my package arrived safely for you to enjoy. Keep lovin the Southern life..Your awesome!

    ~Carley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right now, Dr. Turbo is Bryson, Malibu is Lizzy, Safety is Amanda, and I'm the only original one left. Watching the staff video on Sunday night makes me more sad than happy because there are so many people I love who are gone on display. Chelsea wants a Sammy/Safety reenactment... what do you think?

    PS-Amanda DID get me a birthday present. I'm wearing them right now. Thank you..?

    ReplyDelete
  6. you guys look absolutely amazing together!

    ReplyDelete