Thursday, August 13, 2009

heartburn

I hate it.

I hate reading about it, thinking about it, trying to comprehend it. I read some stories about sex trafficking tonight. When I read stories about these children, these children who are taken from their homes and sold into sex slavery my eyes start to sting, and my hands start to clench into fists. Why? Why is this happening? I don't understand how someone could look at an innocent child with lust, dehumanize them, and then leave without feeling any remorse for what they've just done. For what they've just taken. My heart hurts, my head spins, and yet my body stays...frozen...

I hate this.

Oh God, please come soon.

5 comments:

  1. your burning heart makes you a good person. love you miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its probably no consolation, but you're not frozen, you're getting a degree so that you will be better equipped to fight it. its just a matter of time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think "righteous indignation" is probably an understatement. Maybe it should be called "holy rage."

    ReplyDelete
  4. tara, it is a really messed up world. being reminded of that a lot down here too. sad to see so much pain and to be able to do so little. not quite sure what the solution is. miss u mucho!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen. Come soon.
    I love miss you

    ReplyDelete