Tuesday, September 8, 2009

high temp higher spirits.


"Will you be sick with me tonight?" I pathetically asked my friends when they finally came home for lunch. I've been running a fever for about a day and a half now, and I'm sick of being sick all by myself. There's only so much you can do when you feel crummy, and even less when you're all by yourself. So my blessed girlfriends all agreed to watch a girly movie with me tonight.

We chose...The Holiday. Classic.

There's something really beautiful and exciting about watching chic flicks with only girls. We get really giggly, and mushy. There's lots of sighing, and personal commentary. We say lots of things like..."I love this part!" "look how cute they are!" "It just doesn't work that way in real life" and " They just don't make them like that in the Adventist world."

Tyler Morgan came over half way through the movie. Getting the privilege of seeing what a true girls night looks like. It was...a good night.

My body aches, but my soul feels full. This year looks so promising, filled with opportunities to grow, learn, and love. Filled with friends who make me laugh, but have depth that reaches all the way to the bone.

God never ceases to amaze me with the love He surrounds me with year after year. May I never take it for granted. Ever.

7 comments:

  1. Tonight WAS fun! Haha, you know we really do try to control ourselves when we watch movies with boys around, but Tyler got to see what its REALLY like when a bunch of girls are truly enjoying a chic flick. And it didn't scare him away... what a champion. I love you, and I loved being sick with you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh friend, I hope your body feels better soon. Do you have the swine flu??

    If you're going to watch a chic flick, The Holiday is a beautiful one. By that, I mostly mean preppy Jude Law with his British accent and those precious little girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm coming back to town tommorrow, if you are still sick, let me know what I can do for you. Homemade soup, etc. I love you & am praying for a quick recovery for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should pose that same question to your guy friends. Tell them to stay and watch a manly movie with you. See how many takers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. tara!
    i am really sorry you have been feeling so crummy lately, hoping you get over it quickly. in the meantime u should use it as a good excuse to sleep a lot and postpone your classwork! or maybe that is just what i would do...and i would probably eat lots of sweets too because i would feel bad for myself ;) btw, i was SO EXCITED when i read your last comment, i can´t believe you might actually be coming down here!!! acquitos is a short plane ride away or 5-8 days by boat, but i had already made up my mind that i wanted to come and visit. supposed to be working during that time but me and the other girls had decided to ask the doctor if we could take a long weekend and go up there sometime so this is PERFECT! know things are still up in the air, but really hope it works out, that would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i still haven't seen the holiday. you think you could be sick for a few more days? your girliness doesn't scare me.

    ReplyDelete