Friday, December 11, 2009

make it or break it. but don't make it if you're gonna break it.


go go go go go go go.

This is the beat in my head. And it's not a slow beat either. It's a rapid beat, one of those ones that stresses you out when you hear it in music or when a child is pounding keys on the piano.

How is it possible to live a balanced life in college? Is it possible? Have I just been doing it wrong for the past 4 years? Our best years? Are these our best years? Or do we make each year our best year? Yeah. That's what we do. That's what we do...? Do we do?

I've read two blogs recently with this quote, "God bless the history that doesn't repeat" -david bazan.

There's some wisdom there Mr. Bazan.


ps. Nick is coming to spend Christmas with me and the cool Northwesterners. I'm pretty stoked about that.

10 comments:

  1. I don't have any sage advice for this predictament. Just remember it could be worse...you could be naked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. brittany....that is not worse....being naked is so freeing. sin messed it all up.

    but! Tara! i'm sorry it's unbalanced and i understand. i don't think these are our best years...i think they are AWESOME...but i think we've got alot more to come. like when we have a baby...and then maybe our kids can play together?? Those are going to be awesome years. I baby-sat yesterday...so I can only think about babies. :) Love EMily

    ReplyDelete
  3. the best year will always be next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and i forgot to add, i love the quote: "make it or break it. but don't make it if you're gonna break it." SOOOO good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a balanced life is possible, but its all how you define balance. getting a little bit of sleep to do a lot of bit of awesome is a good balance, i think. slacking and getting little sleep and struggling to keep up with life isn't. sometimes I do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to catch up with you soon friend! I've got a lot of balancing to work on... maybe we can come up with a solution together:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you forgot an n in there somewhere. that's ok though. the universe balances itself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Nick. Because next year I'll (hopefully) be living with you!

    ReplyDelete