Wednesday, December 2, 2009

she's here.

My brother called at 6:41am yesterday. It was the call I've been eagerly waiting to receive for a little over 9 months. "We're in the hospital," he said. I couldn't scream or anything because my roommate was just below me, sleeping away... so I quickly and awkwardly crawled down from the top of our bunk bed and rushed to the living room so I could talk more animatedly.

I got updated texts throughout the day about what was going on... in terms of how many cm she was and things like that. Labor is gross, by the way. Throughout these months I've had some crash course tutorials about the whole pregnancy process...there are a lot of weird terms with the words "mucus" and "sack" in them...and other gross things like that.

BUT something beautiful is forming throughout all of that...so that's nice.

At 8:45pm I got the text... "She's here!"

My heart exploded. And my eyes got full of liquidy love.

She's here.


There's a new life in the world. My brother tells me that she has big bulging blue eyes "like us" he says. Sorry Addi. Hope you grow into those.

Yesterday... was a beautiful day. In one day my brother and sister-in-law became parents, our parents became grandparents, and I became an aunt.

Emily told me she was going to call me auntie Tara all week long. That's ok by me.

I am an aunt.

I'M AN AUNT!!!

12 comments:

  1. YAY! Being an Aunt is the best. Congrats Auntie Tara!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auntie Tara you will be the best aunt ever....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray!!! I love happy beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An entirely new person?!
    That is crazy and cool.
    Crazy cool.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah... an entirely new person. A person that's never been a person before and there's never been a person quite like before. I call godfather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Labor, Gross? Well, ok, it's not beautiful, but you're right-the end product makes it worth everything! I'm so happy for you Tara. AND you get to see her so soon! Yipeee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. dude, being an auntie is the best. you're going to love it. i'm currently in the process of picking out a lego set for my nephew for christmas. you have this to look forward too! (except girly stuff i guess... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'll be a really good aunt. I can't wait till my brother has a kid. Congratulations! and happy birthday...

    ReplyDelete
  9. aunt tara! cant believe i totally forgot about that! my brother just had a baby too..well kinda....but thats a long story...anyways dont spoil the little one too much!

    ReplyDelete