Wednesday, March 10, 2010

freedom


I'm sitting here in Jessi's apartment with my ankle iced and propped. Chris is making Mate, Jessi is writing in her travel journal, Ben is washing dishes, I'm doing homework...and we're listening to amazing music. We're being productive, but we're also communing at the same time. And we're laughing...we're laughing a lot.

It's times like these that this wave of magical happiness and contentedness washes over me.... And I feel FULL.

Oh the bliss of being comfortable, and knowing that you're loved for exactly who you are. These people have seen me UGLY.

UGH.
LEE.
In all forms of the word.
But the love continues.
I'm free.

How did I get so lucky?

10 comments:

  1. that's what home is. that's exactly what home is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so it's clear, what I did with a tea bag and hot water wasn't really making mate. That's the lame-game version. You need a real mate and bombilla and some real yerba and scalding water and little spoonfulls of sugar to mound on top to "make mate." Am I right? I mean, come on, am I right?! Just so it's clear. I didn't want anyone to have misguided perceptions about what mate really is. It would be an unfortunate disgrace to the Argentine culture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. doesn't it have two 't's" ? matte? chrees you kill me. so funny. and tara. i missed out too. can we combine study rooms next time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was there. In my heart. Let me know you're laughing next time and I'll have the rest of my body show up too. ps alex is correcto. welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't use the word ugly for yourself ever! love emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magical happiness...here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tara, jeez, you are just so great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. my home is your home...always dear friend.
    Obviously that was the night i was doing everything BUT working on my Lit paper...procrastination strikes again. Glad i have friends to share everyday moments with.

    ReplyDelete