Monday, March 15, 2010

i'll need a bulldozer for that road, please.


"The future is not a result of choices among alternative paths offered by the present, but a place that is created--created first in the mind and will, created next in activity. The future is not some place we are going to, but one we are creating."
-Unknown


I applied for two anti-trafficking summer internships today. Today was the deadline. And man it was stressful trying to get everything just right and checking off all the things they were asking for...all before five o' clock.

But I loved it, absolutely loved it. I kept telling myself, "This is hard because you're doing something worth while...if you want it, you've got to work for it."

There is a part of me (a small part, mind you) that doesn't so much care if I get one of these or not...it's just the knowledge that I tried, that I DID something.

My heart feels fluttery. I'm painting my future, and I love it.

8 comments:

  1. painting frantically colored with passion...that is how Tara rolls...i love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed thinking about how much I like your character today, even if it didn't really help you get any closer to your goal ;) Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. although, feel i don't have a right, i'm proud of you. super proud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes. moving feels good even if it's just to find out what that place we're going is like. "make no mistake, movement is life"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me so EXCITED to hear. :) I love it Tara you really go and get what you wan. You fight for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. uh. tara when you're done with that bulldozer will you mail it up to me. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay, the hard part is over! all you have to do is wait for all of the acceptance letters!

    ReplyDelete