Sunday, February 21, 2010

both feet

I'm leaving for Peru this week. Man, just saying that makes my breath come in a little faster and my heart start poking my insides a little harder. I've got too many things to do. Midterms. Ugh. Midterms. I'm leaving school one day early...which means early preparation and early deadlines.

Expectations...are you guys going to let me down? Anticipation...where have you taken me? Reality... why are you beating me so hard? Time...what is your hurry? Don't you know I'm not ready yet? Efficiency... could you step it up? Stress... you know, sometimes I wish I didn't know you so well. Peace... can we become better friends? Excitement... I see you back there, stop hiding, you can come out now. Creativity...this is no time for hide and seek. Brain... I expect your best behavior these next few days. Fear... I will fight you, I took self-defense two years ago. Heart...get ready, you're about to have sensory overload. Future... ready or not, here I come.




7 comments:

  1. I loved how you wrote this blog..it was fun to read. I like how all the words came alive.

    Hope you meet all your deadlines. Good luck with everything

    love,

    C Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write such good reads Tara. Your words kindle something inside me.

    You'll kick some hiney, I'm sure. You got this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about this self-defense you took? I suspect it's a clever metaphor, but I really hope it's literal..

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh it's literal. don't mess with me jehle...i'll catch your punch right in the air and shove it to the side. AND if you have nun-chucks and thought they would help? they won't. sorry. i'm like lightning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im real excited for you Tara! Real excited! Im real proud too! Real proud. Proud of you, and proud we are friends. Cant wait to hear what it is like living your dream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, stress... I wish I didn't know you so well either!

    I'm praying for you Tar! Praying that your heart will have an incredible encounter with all of these things and that the excitement of the memory never fades! Love you!

    ReplyDelete