Tuesday, June 8, 2010

act for yourself

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself." -Katherine Mansfield

Something amazing happened to me yesterday. I didn't care.

It started out as a normal jog down the country road, but then this song came on... and I started to move. It started small, with some head bobbing and some quick extra fun steps here and there, then something came over me and I just thought, "Let it GO Tara." And so I did. I dance jogged all the way up and down that street. I was liberated. And it felt amazing.

One of my goals this summer is to not let fear dictate my life. If it's new, I want to try it. If it's out of my comfort zone, I'll just make my zone bigger. Life will be lived this summer. You can count on it.

6 comments:

  1. pardon my language, but HELL YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. krista must really have been impressed. Tara, i wish I could've seen you dance jogging. And if I can figure out whether my phone service is okay to use from here, I'll call you sometime soon hopefully. You are special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krista Turner!

    I bet the initiating song was K'naan. :)

    I love the picture in my mind right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i miss you. i'll be on the west coast this weekend though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do that! When I run, I sing out loud and 'dance jog' as you put it. If other people end up seeing me, they seem happier because they saw me. Its a win-win :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic. Inspiring. I love you!

    ReplyDelete