Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Fun Fact-oids

Did I say fun? That's definitely not what I meant. Factoids though. Factoids are what I have.

Here's a little factoid for you that I didn't know before tonight--I was in daycare when I was a kid. Yup, didn't know that. I was probably like those kids in Toy Story 3, dismantling bodies and salivating on anything plastic. And you know what else I didn't know? When I came home from daycare one day I had SCABIES. That's right. Scabies. My brother had it too. Then my dad had it. Then my mom had it. Our family had SCABIES. (scabies rabies babies)

I had lice when I was a kid too. Do you know how to get rid of lice on someone with hair like mine? My mom does. Yes, my mom knows very well.

And you know what else? When I was in sixth grade I had a skin rash called impetigo. Don't google-image it. I did on accident recently--it took me forever to find the exit button, because I couldn't look at the screen.

And currently, I have pink eye. Still, you say? Not still. AGAIN. The other eye has decided to take up the pink-ish hue.

I found out some of these things at dinner tonight. On the way home, I was venting to Jess and being all dramatic about me having SCABIES and being in daycare and all the other gross things that have happened to me. She laughed and called me a "festering wound." Gross.

Gross. Gross. Gross.

And so there are some things, friends, that you didn't know about your pal Tara. Aren't you glad that I wrote it out in a blog for you?

9 comments:

  1. yes I laughed a lot reading this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, i DIED reading this! so funny! the other day someone mentioned rabies AND scabies in the same sentence and so i HAD to chime in with rabies scabies babies and they just looked at me funny and i mumbled some excuse about it being a joke from home. oh good times! p.s. what is scabies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I googled it! I shouldn't have! It looks like really bad athlete's foot on the face! Yuck.

    Also, Krista's addition to this blog is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. who is this other Jess in your life...i instantly don't like her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what scabies is either. Is it something I can google too? I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete