Friday, May 8, 2009

it's a combination of things...

I haven't posted anything in a long time...and right now I kind of feel like posting, but I don't have the energy to write something insightful and meaningful. But here's an update.

School is out. It's summer. For the last few days I've been staying in the Foote's basement. Which has been absolutely....awesome. This place has become the new Dogwood 8, essentially. Everyone comes here to chill, laugh, play futilism, and just...be.

Amanda just made enchiladas, she's amazing. It's a wonderful thing to make such a close friend in such a short amount of time.

We watched a truck drive into the river today. On purpose. There were 8 cameras recording it...and two dummies in the front seat. It was for a movie, obviously. That MY friend wrote! I felt so proud watching him do his thing...my friends are awesome, I realize once again.

I've been presented with a couple tough scenarios this week...some tough issues about our school that need to be addressed...but mostly I feel helpless, because I can't do much about it. These things seem so obviously unjust, so obviously frustrating. So why don't people see it the way I do? The administration is filled with well-meaning, Godly men...so why does it seem like they are getting it wrong sometimes? I think I've mostly just realized that it would be so hard to be in big leadership positions. Decisions are hard, and not always black and white. I need to remember that.

I am going home on Monday. Home...where everybody knows my name. Did you guys ever watch Cheers? Did you guys ever watch Friends where Joey is in England and watches Cheers? Anyway, home. I'm getting pretty stoked about it. I'm making a mental list of all the people I can't wait to see and hang out with when I get there. The list is long, and promising.

This year has been amazing, absolutely incredible. But I'm feelin pretty ready for the next step. Pretty ready for Walla Walla, camp, maybe California, then ROAD TRIP back to Southern for another awesome year.

God is really good. really really really gotten good. (I'm gonna miss you this summer J Jones)

5 comments:

  1. Tara! This blog was a good one. Sentimental and real. Thanks for the shout out at the end. Im gonna miss you guys too, heaps! Its been about the best year ever. Im blessed to have the friends (family) I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and then I -- me! --
    got to meet this Tara B!
    Finally.

    That made it a pretty cool Friday for me. So glad to have met you. Also you looked hot on Saturday night; great dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I was there when you wrote this... that was an awesome day! Tara, you are the bomb diggity, thanks for being totally there for me so much! Can't wait till next year. I am blessed to be one of your friends. Have a GREAT summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara, I'm so glad our friendship is strong. So, so glad! I will make you enchiladas any time you want them.

    ReplyDelete