Wednesday, October 7, 2009

let it rain.

I've never been able to juggle.

I've tried. Believe me, I've tried. There's just something about that third ball that makes me all discombobulated. And there's no way I could do 5 balls, or knives, or flaming batons, or whatever other ridiculousness people choose to juggle.

This is unfortunate because I juggle every day. On a unicycle, while jumping through hoops. I'm a clown, basically. A clown of life.





Juggling school. car problems. school. relationships. school. finances. school. family. school. fun. school. intramurals. school. growing in Christ. school. sleeping. school. following my passions. school. making future plans. school.

All up in the air. All falling down. With me running around trying to catch them and tuck them under my arm or in the crook of my neck until I can throw some back in the air again to make room for the others.

College is crazy friends. But I love it...most of the time. I hope my life is always exciting and full. But if it is I'm going to have to learn how to juggle better.



But seriously, can someone teach me how to juggle?

8 comments:

  1. No. I can't juggle. OBVIOUSLY. I mean, why else would I be so angry about absolutely everything I had up in the air coming and crashing down around me all at once that I am literally punching the inside of my car as I am driving to work (late, of course)? If you learn how to juggle, teach me. Please. P.S. I love your support!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.P.S. This is what I am doing instead of writing that paper! Sucka!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog makes me think of how excellent the sabbath is. How wonderful it is to quit even trying to juggle for just a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara: indeed! Juggling is tricky, but I bet you're doing a great job with it all. Besides, part of the fun of juggling is the risk...

    and Nicholas: true words, son! I hadn't thought of it that way, but I guess the Sabbath is like an exit door out of the circus. Nice thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey,...I enjoyed your blog a lot. I agree that life is like one big juggling act. I have watched people that juggle perfectly, almost mechanical in motion and have wondered "Are they even enjoying what they are doing?" Is it fun to be that awesome?...Maybe, but I probably won't ever know. In the meantime I will join you in enjoying the brief moments when I can send at least a few of my juggling items into the sky before they fall down again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seth Gillham tried to teach me how to juggle once. I figure if he couldn't do it, I'm beyond all hope.

    Less literally, I'm headed your way today to give you something else to juggle :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. um, not sure if i can help with organizing your life, i can´t even keep up with my own...actually i think you probably do a lot better job than i do! i do kinda know how to juggle a little bit though, will try to brush up down here and teach you in iquitos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can juggle! I have my own clubs..its fun. But yeah juggling life is much more difficult for sure.
    Keep it up, I'm sure your doing better than you think.

    ReplyDelete