Friday, October 23, 2009

magic

This morning...was magical.

I woke up listening to the rain beat down on the roof, and my roommate's steady sleepy breathes right next to me. I opened my eyes and immediately smiled.

Magic, I thought.

It's not every day that you get to wake up in a fort, next to a dear friend, listening to nature doing its nature thing.

Life is good my friends. Magic happens, every day. We just need to train our eyes to see it.

Documented magic moments:

the fort.


the adventurers.


the pals for life.

the fabricated magic that will forever me a magical memory.


the old high school crew. still bonded after 4 years.

the wedding partiers that the wedding planner wasn't too stoked about.

the wedding. rika and aaron's. magic. friends come together. magic.

the lasting friendship, though separated for years. magic.


the new ones. that became like old ones fast. magic.

There are more. More pictures. More undocumented magical moments. Infinitely more.

Thank you my God, for bringing on the magic.

10 comments:

  1. This is from the book I just finished reading: "... he didn't think we should be afraid to embrace whimsy. I asked him what he meant by whimsy, and he struggled to define it. He said it's that nagging idea that life could be magical; it could be special if we were only willing to take a few risks."

    Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one. Too bad we don't have pictures of our glow dance party. That was pure magic, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you built that fort! I'm not sure if magic just happens...maybe we have to help it along a little. Like actually following through on a cool-sounding idea.

    So...let's be proactive and plan on making some magic in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. tara becker!!! i hope your test was smashed! love emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. tara!
    love the fort, that looks pretty amazingly awesome! favorite magic i think would have to be the fabricated one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two things I am sad about:

    First, I missed seeing your magical fort.

    Second, I am terrible at checking blogger.

    But,...I am glad I saw this one. I am happy that you are finding magic here...it makes life awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This week was full of magical weather that made magical moments for me, volleyball was magical today

    ReplyDelete
  8. i flipped a switch, the light came on. magic.

    ReplyDelete