Friday, February 1, 2008

Cross Country 'Cross Campus

Tuesday Morning:

9:00- Got a call from Matt,"Tara, there's snow on the ground...let's cross country ski to Chapel today" "Matt, I've never cross country skii'd before and I'm not sure if I want my first time to be in front of the whole student body as they're walking to the Church." "Tara it'll be fine, it's not that hard." "So you don't think I'll fall?" "Oh no, you'll fall...but it'll be funny." "Thanks Matt.....I'll think about it, I have a class at ten so I'll meet you at Mountain Rents if I decide to go." "Ok, I'm gonna call Emily" "Ok, I'll let you know what I decide" "Ok bye"

9:15- Got a call from Emily, "Tara! Why aren't you going!? It's going to be fun, and you'll catch on quick...I promise" "Ok I'll try and get out of my class early so I can come and try them out" "Good....and can you bring my bright teal snow pants with you?" "*chuckle* Yes Emily, I'll bring your bright teal snow pants...did you want your rainbow snow boots too?" "No Tara, the snow pants will be just fine" "Ok I'll see you then"

10:40- Walked out of class early, went to Mountain rents to try on the trusty skis.

10:50- Got all the snow gear on and start our trek across campus.

10:51- Fell

10:52- Fell

10:55- Emily dropped her cell phone somewhere so we have to go back and look for it....then took some pictures

10:58- I dropped my cell phone in the parking lot and have to stop by the Fine Arts Center Office to get it.

11:00- Back on our way...fell down a hill.

11:02- Emily and Matt decide they want to race for the last stretch...they tell me I can have a big head start....thaanks...

11:04- I almost win...Emily passes me right as we get to the sidewalk...I tried to trip her...but...fell.

11:05- The Ushers come out of the door telling us we're late and we almost can't get our attendance slips. Matt helps me get out of my gear.

11:10- Sitting in Chapel, with snow pants...singin some praise songs and smiling...this is how great memories are made...

4 comments:

  1. Tara Becker! How are you? I'm glad you found me too! I like your blog. It's fun to see pictures of a bunch of fun people I know and like, so thank you for putting pictures on it!!
    Things here are good. I come home early June (and I'm prety excited!)
    Well, I'm off to go grade papers....boooooo. Talk to you later. tyler

    ReplyDelete
  2. funnnyyyyyyyy! So glad we did that. It's nice to have friends in high places.....aka head of mountain rents! :) I'm a fan of this site.

    9:50 fell.
    9:51 fell.


    :) Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to go alittle outside comfort zone for a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tara Bear! I just now got on-line and read this. Very cool!
    I just e-mailed you some more stuff.
    I'm a lovin' you, mom

    ReplyDelete