Thursday, February 14, 2008

MBA comes to Walla Walla

For a couple of months now I've been eagerly awaiting the day when Monterey Bay Academy would come to Walla Walla. I was a dean there last year and have really missed some of my kids that I had grown really close to. There were two separate groups coming, one coming to visit the actual campus...and the other group was coming to participate in the Friendship Tournament for the first time. Needless to say, I was super stoked when the day finally came to go pick them up at the airport. I do have to say though, it was kind of weird to be called "Dean Tara" again....but kind of fun at the same time :)

The girls ended up doing fairly well in the Tournament...5th place. They lost to WWVA by one point in their second game, so that put them in the losing bracket for the rest of the tournament. The boys, however, did amazing. They made it to the Championship.....and they were going to play against WWVA. This was kind of a sticky situation for me seeing as I graduated from WWVA...and I wasn't going to be rooting for them. I got a lot of flack from all the WWVA fans when they saw me wearing an MBA jersey and sitting on the MBA side. I think most of them have started talking to me again though. It was a pretty close game most of the way, but MBA ended up pulling it out for the win. It was really fun to see those boys basking in their victory.

All in all I would have to say that it was a pretty great weekend. I've really missed those kids. One things for sure, Monterey Bay Academy will forever have a special little place in my heart.


.......................WWVA vs. MBA.............................
...........I love this girl.............

...............George was a beast!.............

.......2008 Friendship Tournament Champs.......

2 comments:

  1. I loved these boys!! They were so cool. They liked you alot Tara. You got influence girl. I was cheering for MBA. WWVA BLAVVA. ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, MBA! They got it goin' on!

    ReplyDelete